Thursday, June 28, 2018

In the Red

My obsession with Waterman Lady Thorobred pencils continues with the acquisition of this red striated example, which has thin green veins.  What Watermans called this color I have yet to discover, but I call it wonderful.


 This nose-drive pencil has chrome trim and a black tip, and measures 4 & 3/8 inches.  It is just slightly shorter than all my other smaller-size Thorobreds, or, if you prefer, 92 Vs.  It uses 1.1 mm lead, and  dates from the 1930s.  Besides being shorter, it has another anomaly, the incised mark, which reads:  Waterman's, United States of America.  All the others I have featured on the blog have the mark:  Waterman's, Reg. US Pat. Off.  Hmmm.  Made before the patent had been granted?




See my most recent blog on His and Hers Throrbreds.

No comments:

Post a Comment